Information for recent applicants
For all recent applicants of Australia Awards Scholarships for study commencing in 2021, thank you for applying. You may have received an email subsequent to your application submission notifying you that your application has been received by the Australia Awards – Sri Lanka and Maldives office. Your application is currently at the assessment and shortlisting of eligible applications phase.
The below information will help you understand which stage your application is at and when you should expect to hear if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
- If your application is shortlisted for an interview, you should receive this notice before 31 January 2021 with details of your interview schedule. Please note that the office will only contact those applicants who have been shortlisted to attend an interview.
- The interview process will take place in early 2021.
- Interview outcomes will be notified within a month of you attending the interview, or as per the timelines shared during the interview process. All interviewed applicants will be notified of their outcome.
- For those applicants who are successful at their scholarship interview, and are recommended / selected to be awarded an Australia Awards Scholarship, the Australia Awards – Sri Lanka and Maldives office will process your university placements as per the preferences indicated in your application and inform you once your placement has been accepted and finalised.
- Selected scholarship recipients will need to attend a pre-departure briefing conducted by the Australia Awards – Sri Lanka and Maldives office.
- Selected scholarship recipients should plan to travel to Australia to commence their studies during the 2nd Semester (June/July) in 2021.
Please also note that if you were unable to demonstrate that you meet the required English Language proficiency due to the non-availability of testing in the Maldives, your application will still be assessed. However, if you are given a provisional award, you will be required to demonstrate your English Language proficiency (by submitting a valid IELTS, TOEFL or PTE certificate) prior to commencing your studies in Australia.
Please contact the Australia Awards – Sri Lanka and Maldives office for further information.